Full implementation and source code can be found here: Google Code Repository
After allowing the Funf Journal to collect data you may want to see/visualize it. Below, you will find a set of tools to unpack and give you a sense of the data that is being collected.
- Mac OSX: Version 0.1.
- Windows: Version 0.2.
- Source: Version 0.2.
- The following sensors are visualized by both of the above packages:
- Location: Static and animated traces
- Activity/Accelerometer: Sleeping and waking patterns
- Battery: Phone usage through time
- Screen ON/OFF: General phone usage patterns
- Temperature: Internal
Note about funf app permissions:
The funf APK does not send any data to us. All permissions are needed for the correct operation of the data collection and export to you:
- Recording your data: To prevent filling the internal memory of the device, Funf writes data to SD Card and needs WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission.
- Sensor Reliability: To ensure sensors continue to run, funf relies on the android boot notification, which requires the RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED permission. This allows sensors to continue to run if you reboot your device. To prevent the system from sleeping while a scan is occurring, funf uses the WAKE_LOCK permission to prevent the device from sleeping mid scan.
- The remaining permissions are required to run individual sensors and ensure they are reliable and robust. For example:
- Bluetooth: BLUETOOTH, BLUETOOTH_ADMIN
- Location: ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION
- Battery: BATTERY_STATS
- Wifi: ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE, ACCESS_WIFI_STATE, CHANGE_WIFI_STATE
- Installed and Running Apps: GET_TASKS
- For complete details on permissions required per probe, see the built-in probe descriptions.